Parent/Carer Information Evening – Wednesday 7th July 2023
Please book one of the following slots for the Parent/Carer Information Evening. Local uniform suppliers will have displays available from 4.00pm.
Parent/Carer Information Evening 4.30pm slot
Parent/Carer Information Evening 5.30pm slot
Parent/Carer Information Evening 6.30pm slot
Dear Parents and Carers,
We’re delighted to welcome you and your child to St Bede’s and we are looking forward to meeting you in the near future.
Over the next few weeks, I will be visiting all primary schools to meet your child and answer any questions they may have about St Bede’s. I will also be having in depth discussions with your child’s Year 6 teacher to gather important information about each individual, which will be shared with key staff ready for their arrival.
We are pleased that our usual induction programme can take place this year. Your child is invited to attend three transition days on 5th July – 7th July 2023. For all three days, pupils are invited to bring a packed lunch or have a complimentary meal in our school canteen. Please inform us on the transition email (below) if your child has any food allergies.
Details are as follows:
Wednesday 5th July (9.30am – 2.30pm)
This is the Blackburn with Darwen standard induction day. Your child will meet key staff and pupils from other primary schools, in addition to taking part in practical lessons and activities, have a tour around the school and familiarise themselves with the new routines. They will be provided with information for the following ‘Curriculum Taster Days.’
Thursday 6th July and Friday 7th July – Curriculum Taster Days (8.15am – 2.55pm)
Pupils will follow a timetable, similar to one they will receive in September which will give them a chance to explore the school, sample different lessons and meet key staff. We ask all pupils to travel to and from school as they would do when they start in September. If your child gets a school bus, this will be free of charge and they will be issued with a temporary bus pass. Details of school buses are enclosed.
An information evening for parents and carers will take place in the Auditorium in the main school building on Wednesday 5th July. To control numbers, there will be three sessions at 4.30pm, 5.30pm and 6.30pm which must be booked via Eventbrite. Local uniform suppliers will have displays available from 4.00pm.
Additionally, we have a dedicated email address (email@example.com) if you require further information.
We look forward to welcoming our new families to St Bede’s.
Miss N. O’Toole
- Your child should attend the induction days in their primary school uniform.
- If your child is travelling by school bus on the Curriculum Taster Days, they will need a temporary bus pass which will be given out on Wednesday 5th July.
- On the day your child has PE, they will need to bring their trainers. When they have Maths, it would be helpful if they bring a calculator but these will be provided if they don’t currently have one. A timetable of lessons will be issued on Wednesday 5th July.
- For lunch your child can bring a packed lunch or receive a complimentary meal in the school canteen. Please inform us of any food allergies via the transition email.
- Your child will need to bring a bottle of water and a snack.